Current figures of the GSD for the region Europe after were sold over 170 million games last year. The number includes both digital and trading games. Most AAA publishers were recorded.
Compared to the previous year, this meant a decline in buying games by 9.5%. It should be noted that there was an increase of 12.3% in the video game purchases compared to 2019, ie before Lockdown.
To the most sold games is FIFA 22 in first place. The current part of the series sold almost twice as often as Grand Theft Auto V, which lands in second place and is now over eight years old.
The third place in the games could secure FIFA 21, followed by Call of Duty: Vanguard in fourth place. The current part of the shooter series sold 34% less compared to its predecessors.
Mario Kart 8: Deluxe Meanwhile, there is five places well compared to the previous year, but the sales dropped by 9% at the same time.
The hardware was recorded by the sale of 7.1 million consoles. These are 20% more than 2020. It should be noted that data from Great Britain and Germany are not recorded.
Under the consoles, the Nintendo Switch sold most in Europe despite decline from 6% to the previous year. Second place the PlayStation 5 secured, followed by the Xbox Series X | S on the three.
Finally, 19 million accessories were sold throughout Europe. Compared to the previous year, growth of 5.4% is to be identified here.
The most sold the accessories of the DualSense controllers of the PS5, while his predecessor, the PS4 DualShock Controller, landed in second place. Three place and four occupy the Switch Joy-Con and the Xbox Series Wireless Controller.
For the credit balances, 16.1 million cards were sold around 16% less. The most bought players in Europe credit for the PlayStation Store.
Best Selled Games in Europe 2021 According to GSD (Digital and Physical)
- FIFA 22 (EA)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- FIFA 21 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Vanguard (Activision Blizzard)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo) *
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
7. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Nintendo) *
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold was (Activision Blizzard)
9. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)
10. Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Sony)
11. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo) *
12. F1 2021 (EA / Codemasters)
13. Far Cry 6 (Ubisoft)
14. Minecraft: Switch Edition (Nintendo / Mojang) *
15. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond (Nintendo) *
16. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Victories (Ubisoft)
17. Resident Evil Village (Capcom)
18. Battlefield 2042 (EA)
19. Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo) *
20. Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) *
_ * Digital data not available_